Storage Woes

It was apparently naive to expect that the belongings we stored while we were in Belgium would reappear a) at all or b) in the same condition in which we last saw them. Although professional movers packed everything and took it on a moving truck to a "real" storage facility (as opposed to one of the ubiquitous self-storage units), some items never made it to Colorado, and, of those that did, more than a few are damaged, including an antique secretary/china cabinet that belonged to my grandparents. I could weep with frustration and exhaustion.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Kate! I know just what you mean. Do have a good cry. THEN, arm yourself with your camera and make a complete file of lost and damaged items. Moving companies do all they can to prevent you from collecting insurance money or services but in my experience if you get really mad and threatening they will eventually come through at least part of the way. Any damaged antique CAN be restored and there are people who do a wonderful job, you'd be surprised. Do get angry and channel your anger into turning every stone possible, and do harass them!
GRRRR I am getting angry myself just thinking about past experiences!!!

. . . and a good glass of wine, or two , wouldn't hurt either. I would give you a big hug and help you with that bottle of wine if I were closer.

I did start a blog though I am really not sure where, if anywhere at all, I am going with it. It's at : www.homeandnot.blogspot.com