My First Piece of Colorado ID

I couldn't decide this morning whether to go get a Colorado driver's license or a Jefferson County library card. Okay, the truth is that it was a no-brainer, although I justified it by telling myself that then I would have something to read while I was waiting in line at the DMV.

While we were in Brussels, I kept a list of books that were reviewed in the American press that I wanted to read when they became available in Europe or I returned home. That list accompanied me to the Arvada Public Library today, and honestly, when I found a couple of the titles on the shelves, I felt like kissing the dust jackets, just as one of my young NPL patrons did when I helped her locate one of her favorite authors.

2 comments:

Jude said...

She's baaaaccckkkkk!!!!!! (I mean me, not you of course!)

So nice to have you home, both in the US and in your blog! Do you have my room prepared?

Jude said...

And by the way - I want that book list! I've got to defend myself against the members of my book group who keep coming up with depressing dogs. (And I don't mean of the woof kind.)