New Place, New Blog Name

Foothills are geographically defined as gradual increases in hilly areas at the base of a mountain range. They are generally larger than hills, but not as tall as nearby mountains. Many neighborhoods and communities found in such a location are termed "the foothills."

Wikipedia

So I've been lying awake in the middle of the night fretting about what to call a "We're not in Brussels anymore, Hana" blog. "Hopelessly Midwestern in the Rockies?" Patrick thought that sounded lame. "Clueless in Colorado?" Since I seem to be finding my way around quite nicely, thank you very much, why dumb down my virtual self? "Middle-Aged in the Mountains?" We see incredible, postcard-perfect views of the Rockies every day. Technically, though, we don't live in the mountains (see above); Arvada is in the foothills. Besides, most of the time, I veer wildly between feeling 9 and feeling 86. Middle age doesn't seem to be an option.

At 3 this morning, I came up with "A Foothills Life." It's simple. It fits my current attitude towards life, which doesn't include plans for scaling mountains, figuratively speaking. Although, as the picture shows, we've already done some hiking in the literal sense . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I get to be first to comment! I love the sage green background of the new blog, a fitting background to your new adventure. Is Hana finding the great outdoors a compensation for the adulation of little Belgian children?
"Clueless in Colorado"? Honestly, children!
Welcome back on the blog scene, Kate.

Françoise

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

I'm glad you are blogging again too!