An Andrew Sullivan Reject

Andrew Sullivan's blog (http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/) has a regular feature called "The View From Your Window"—photos from readers of (duh) the view from their home or office.

When I went down to the kitchen yesterday morning, the trees in the woods behind us were coated in snow and the sky was that otherworldly, but not-unusual-for-Colorado blue. I took some photos, hoping that Andrew might choose the view from my window for its calming properties. I don't know about you, but I certainly could use a large dose of calm right now while I wonder if I really will end my life as a bag lady.

Andrew selected a view from Ulaanbbaatar, Mongolia over mine, which even I have to admit is a lot more exotic than a suburban Denver backyard. But if you need a visual focal point while you're taking deep breaths to prevent panic attacks about your financial future, maybe you could try the view from my window.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, these are hard times, aren't they. I know too many people who are looking and not finding work. The degreed son of as friend in CO finally got a job at $7.00/hr as a bus boy. Very disheartening. Have you tried temp agencies?