In just 80 minutes . . .

When we lived in Brussels, we loved being able to get to Paris in an hour and 20 minutes via high-speed train.

We discovered yesterday that we can get from our driveway to the slopes at Keystone in exactly the same amount of time. It's not the rooftops of Paris, but the panorama appeared equally dreamlike to our Midwestern eyes.

By the way, the "Slow Trail of the Day" (indicated by the yellow sign on the right) proved to be a real gift as my muscles struggled to remember how to ski after nearly three years off the slopes.

(Photo courtesy of Jim and his Blackberry)

1 comments:

Jude said...

It's hard for me to read too many of your blog entries at once because I get so JEALOUS!!! All the wonderful things you do and places you go! Treasure it! (And thanks for sharing - I really do enjoy them, even if I have to battle that old green monster while I'm doing so!!)