At a Loss for Words

Although I think of myself as a Word Person, I've been too busy (family funeral in Wisconsin, then entertaining back-to-back house guests) and too melancholy (family funeral, no job, still feeling unsettled, despite Colorado's charms) to throw together a blog entry recently. So, instead, two images from recent days, one that made me sigh in wonder at its beauty and the other--now that I've met its subject at the Animal Shelter where I volunteer--that makes me grin.

August 16, I-25 between Denver and Loveland:
Two days of precipitation and falling temperatures
led to fresh snow in the Rockies.

This little pug mix has the worst underbite I've ever seen--
he looks this way even with his mouth closed.
Because he's a dog, his looks don't get in the way of his stellar personality.
Humans should be so lucky.
(Photo: TMAC)

2 comments:

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

that dog is so cute!

Jude said...

He looks like a vampire bat! But a friendly one...